Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Leprechaun: Origins

I watched Leprechaun: Origins last night and it was in no way what I expected.  Not that it was any different than any other "group of friends stuck in a house while something tries to get them" movie. It wasn't at all an origin story of the leprechaun Warwick Davis made famous. 

This little guy was a vicious little flesh eating Pumpkinhead lookin' thing. I was expecting a murderous midget spitting dirty lymrics and "Give me back me gold!"   What I got was 4 friends trapped in a house by an Irish father and son trying to protect their village.  Offering them up to the leprechaun as a sacrifice. Gold is on this leprechaun's list but it ain't that high on it.  It more or less targeted the people wearing gold as victims using his leprechaun/predator vision.  Every shot from his pov is all yellowed out almost as if everything looked like gold to him.  So no sir, this wasn't my leprechaun movie.  It tries to be too straight forward while anyone watching a movie about a killer leprechaun should know better. -TC

No comments:

Post a Comment