Tuesday, October 7, 2014

You're Next

I have to throw a recommendation out to one of the best modern horror flicks I've seen in a while: You're Next. I usually don't get my hopes up for modern slashers because they usually are missing something that makes me love the older ones but this one had me entertained the whole way through. I went into it expecting another home invasion flick along the lines of The Strangers or even The Purge (which I had just watched and been bored to tears by) but was suprised to find something more along the lines of a slasher with some twists, turns, and a genre defying heroine thrown in for good measure. Some of the twists and revelations may be somewhat obvious to people that pay close attention (which my lady can claim though I have to be honest and say some of them took me by surprise...in hindsight it seems pretty obvious though) but that doesn't take away from how fun the whole thing is. It's streaming on Netflix right now so check it out. - TG

No comments:

Post a Comment